Friday, June 23, 2017
On June 23, 2017, I bought 17 shares of General Mills at $54.90 per share for a total of $950.30. I'm currently eyeing SJM and SO has been on a free fall. Much much to buy. Forward dividend stands at $4,446.78. Let's reach my 2017 goal of $4,500.00 before July!
Friday, June 16, 2017
On June 15, 2017, I bought
- 4.346 shares of Walmart at $79.3781 per share for a total of $345.00 (Associate Stock Purchase Plan)
On June 16, 2017, I bought
- 49 shares of Store Capital at $21.00 per share for a total of $1029.00.
Forward dividends stand at $4,413.32.
Tuesday, June 13, 2017
As I grow older I am starting to realize two things
- My memory is starting to disintegrate. I'm starting to lose what I used to do or people I've known my entire life.
- I suffer from some form of autism. I can't sit still or read an entire book without taking a break or giving up after 30 minutes.
Instead of trying to fight my brain I decided to start documenting stuff on my blog.
Today's entry: When I started dividend investing.
I was the summer of 2013 or 2014 (I forgot), I was working my normal shift of
- Monday: 6:00 am-8:00 pm
- Tuesday: 6:00 am-8:00 pm
- Wednesday: 6:00 am-8:00 pm
- Thursday: 6:00 am-8:00 pm
- Friday: 6:00 am-8:00 pm
- Saturday: 6:00 am-6:00 pm
Back then I was 30 or 31 making 50k a year (which was the most money i've ever made), but I was struggling with life. Day in day out going to the grind. Work, make money, spend money, etc. I used to watch house hunters just to hate the people on there for having that much cash. During Spring of 2013 or 2014, I was assigned to a DC detail to help install computers, routers and switches for a new government building. Work was five days a week 8am-5pm. When I was ordered back my supervisor at the time asked why I wasn't putting in my 6-8 and if I really wanted my job. At that point something inside me snapped. I got home, got drunk, i remember breaking my radio, and started googling how to kill my boss.
Somehow or another I came to the Dividend Growth Investor webpage, then Dividend Mantra, then Divhut, then Divgro, Afrugal family's journey, etc. As I was half drunk I copied all these links and sent it to my email. So yes I started learning how to invest by being drunk and unable to comprehend what I was reading.
After a month of hesitation I bought my first share of Coca Cola (KO). And I've been on that journey since. I've made a bunch of mistakes and done things I've regretted deeply. I'm still learning from you bloggers and am always willing to learn from others. Even if I don't write anything on your board know that I am lurking all your buys. I'm still working those crazy hours but now I get saturdays off. I'm getting paid 80k instead of 50 and I'm in my mid 30s with a portfolio near 250k. I'm behind many bloggers in term of pay/wealth but I learned over the years that I can't race with other people. I can only jog at my own pace and hope I get there in time. That's all I have to say.
Craziest thing I've done for dividend investing
My company finally gave me Saturdays off. With that new found freedom I took a job at Walmart working 10 am-7pm on weekends. Why do you ask? So I can buy walmart start at 15% discount. Since this walmart is new they will hire anyone. I have a feeling they will someday fire me for a full time staff so I'll move on. I heard McDonalds hire weekend part-time and also have the employee stock purchase plan
Tallies of time I left writing this post-5x
Friday, June 9, 2017
On June 8, 2017, I bought 18 shares of realty income (O) at $55.00 per share for a total of $990.00. This buy will increase my dividends by $45.54 or $4347.32 per year.
Things I'm thinking about adding in June
- SMJ below $120
- O at $55 or lower
- OHI under $31
- HRL under $34
- GIS below $55
Have a good june everyone.
Friday, June 2, 2017
- 15 shares of Hormel (HRL) at $33.46 for a total of $501.90.
- 9 shares of Realty Income (O) at $55.14 for a total of $496.26.
- 1 share of Flowers Foods (FLO) at $18.50 for a total of $18.50.
- 3 shares of Welltower (HCN) at $72.50 for a total of $224.45.
- 4.409 shares of Walmart (WMT) at $78.2435 for a total of $345.00.
Cash Flow Statement
|Merill Edge Roth||15,716.32|
|Total Cash Flow||$5,201.10|
|3 car insurance||1,567.20|
|Total Cash Flow||$5,201.10|
Forward Dividend Stands at $4300.08. Have a good June everyone. Portfolio Updated.
Wednesday, May 24, 2017
On May 22, 2017, I bought
- 15 shares of General Mills (GIS) at $56.69 per share for a total of $850.31.
- This equates to 100 shares of GIS.
On May 24, 2017, I bought
- 50 shares of AT&T (T) at $38.31 per share for a total of $1,915.50.
- This equate to 200 shares of T.
Forward dividends stands at $4,230.70. I still have another $831.00 to spend but I might hold it until next month. Back to the grind.
Friday, May 19, 2017
On Friday, May 19, 2017, I bought the following
- 10 shares of O at $53.83 per share
- 24 shares of T at $38.04 per share
- 5 shares of GIS at $55.85 per share
- 4.193 shares of WMT at $75.4352 per share (WMT contributed $41.25)
Forward Dividend stands at $4,103.90. My Motif transfer finally came through and after selling all my partial shares I came out with $1500 left over. Expect more buys next week.
Have a good weekend ya'll. Hopefully we'll have another "anonymous source" and drop another 400 points. At this rate I might become their anonymous source