Monday, December 21, 2015

Recent Buy: WMT



I took a part time job in November/December ringing bells in front of Walmart for donation to the salvation army. With that money...

On December 21, 2015, I bought 16.9590 shares of Walmart (WMT) at $58.97 per share in my Loyal3 account. Total cost came to $1,000

I now own 57.26 shares of WMT or 5.67% of my portfolio or 5.13% of my dividend income. Unless something else becomes enticing I might just make WMT into 100 shares. Sadly I missed the ex-dividend date for January but that's OK.

My dividend portfolio stands at $2150.6227 + FCISX distributions. 

4 comments:

  1. Nice purchase! You got a better price than I did after the market jitters all last week. :-o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey CD. just the luck of the draw my friend. I'm actually surprised that I got it this low. Normally Loyal3 buys it at the day's high lol. thanks for visiting

      Delete
  2. Nice buy BDI...we also bought some WMT this past week. In fact, it was our the winner of our Ask the Readers post last month. Cheers to future growth! AFFJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi AFFJ. Great minds think alike =). I have never seen WMT this beaten down before. Stable and increasing dividend, low valuation, and high possibility of price appreciation? What more can we ask for? thanks for visiting

      Delete