Friday, January 15, 2016

Note to self: planned buys



As I get older I tend to forget a lot of things. this is just a reminder to self. 

January 19, 2016 Unilever will release its earnings (Tuesday next week) (use cash from savings).

Fair value: $40
5% discount: $38
10% discount: $36

if earnings are bad then buy. If earnings are good, hold off for another drop. 

January 26, 2016 Proctor and Gamble will release its earnings (Tuesday 2 weeks from now) (use cash from paycheck). 

Fair value: $75 or so 
preferred price: $70
Hoard: $65

If PG has a bad quarter watch the share price and jump in. If PG has a good quarter or refuses to go to $70, discretion if you want it or not. Remember to check bills before jumping in. 

January 26, 2015 is also Johnson and Johnson's earnings. 

Fair price: $100 
Preferred price: $90-91
Hoard: If it touches the 80s. 

If both crash it's up to you to decide. Borrow from savings only if absolutely necessary.

If you spend $2000 over two weeks then don't buy anything for another 2 weeks to put back funds.

4 comments:

  1. I'm watching JNJ and PG as well. I like your hoard prices and I will do just that if prices hit the hoard level :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi IH, I would love if those companies hit my hoard prices. I'm looking to fill up on defensive stocks for the rest of the year. Maybe add a few manufacturing every now and then. thanks for visiting

      Delete
  2. JNJ under $100 gets some attention as does UL under $40. All great choices for the long term no matter how you look at it. Good to have a plan of where you'd like to invest, Of course, Mr. Market sometimes gives you new opportunities you may not have considered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you were right DH. I wouldn't get into UL at 40 in time but the market made a big opening for me to buy some SO, a great foundation stock. thanks for visiting

      Delete