Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Where the hell am I?



Seriously, where the hell am I? 

I don't know what happened. I left work today at 6:00 and drove home. Instead of taking exit 63, I kept on driving. I don't know why but my hands refused to turn right. I kept going and going and going and now I'm lost. My cell phone died and I don't have access to google map. All I have left is this laptop and its charger. 

Eventually I ran out of gas and refilled at a 7/11. I don't know what time but it was dark outside. I'm stopping at some random motel 8 for the night. The receptionist told me I was somewhere between the University of Kansas and Kansas City...which is odd since I live in Nebraska... 

But oddly I'm not afraid. I have never been one to take risks (investing is the most dangerous thing I've ever done in my life) but here I am typing this blog in some motel 8 in the middle of nowhere, Kansas. I guess I had one of those "spiritual awakening" I've heard so much about. Something about driving by yourself with no cars next to you, no life nagging at you, and no negativity of modern life is so soothing. Just you, your car, the open road, and nature. It's strange how we destroy nature to build modern life which only results in more stress and hatred towards each other.  

Life becomes a lot more peaceful when the daily negativity of society subsides and money/wealth/social status all disappears. This is just something I wanted to post. Apparently if I drive the same road but in the opposite direction I'll return to Nebraska. 

I couldn't take a picture of the open road...since I was driving...and my phone was dead...but I found a picture of what I saw via google image. I got a good three hour drive to get back to Nebraska tomorrow. 

That's all for me. If you don't see another post from me then I'm probably dead. Eaten alive by Kansans. 

6 comments:

  1. I can't blame you for just going. There's definitely times where I just want to drive off into the middle of nowhere and get away for a bit. Alone with nature and my thoughts. That reminds me how I need to go camping sometime soon. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey JC, I've never been a big nature person but after this trip I might visit more national parks

      Delete
  2. Kansans can have voracious appetites. Hope you got to clear your head, relax and just "be" on this excursion. Thanks for sharing this personal moment with us. Must have been nice to be a little disconnected.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi DH. you're so right. I think I need to get disconnected more with society

      Delete
  3. Sometimes you need to just keep diving. I love blogging from hotels. I travel on business twice a month. I blog from my hotel room all the time. Room service, a few beers, and I'm blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're so lucky IH. The only thing I get is a cube and the waterfall of paperwork.

      Delete