Monday, May 9, 2016

Recent Buy: ABT



I'm crazy! Let's buy more at all market high!

On Monday, May 9, 2016, I bought 40 shares of Abbott Labs at $38 per share for a total of $1527.00. This will increase my forward dividend by $41.60.

Rationale:

  • Div4Son's blog has a good article on valuation. A bit pricey but will $2 really matter 40 years from now? http://div4son.blogspot.com/2016/05/recent-buy-abt.html
  • ABT is a stock I've wanted to own for a long time for its brands and history of dividends. Time to BUY THE DIP!

My dividend funds stand at 3098.57 + SCHD distributions. With my flips later in the month I'll pass $3100 this month! Portfolio updated.

6 comments:

  1. I'm happy with your buy! Glad to be a fellow shareholder of this great company.
    D4s

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi D4s, glad to be a shareholder with you in this great company

      Delete
  2. I've been adding to my position as well with the recent pullback. Expecting good things once the M&A dust settles...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i agree kenny. They are making this into a real big deal but I believe ABT management can digest STJ. Oh well buy on fear and we'll have plenty of cap gains to cover the slowing dividends

      Delete
  3. Not crazy at all. You are buying in all market conditions which makes sense when trying to build up your passive income stream and buying ABT is as solid as they come. Great company that I personally held since 2007 with no intentions to sell. Thanks for sharing this good pick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi DH. Wow that's a long time. ABT must have made you wealthy. I believe in the long term this STJ deal is going to be nothing. Let's buy now and wait for the future

      Delete