Monday, June 20, 2016

Recent Buy: Abbott



Well my brexit plan failed miserably. It was nice for a bremain spokeswoman to be killed a week before the vote by a brexit radical to swing the polls to bremain. Ok enough of my conspiracy theories.

On June 20, 2016, I bought 40 shares of Abbott at $37.90/per share for a total of $1522.70. I am adding more to my healthcare sector given the weakness of many dividend champions. This will increase by dividends by $41.60 for a total of $3190.75. Portfolio updated.

I am gathering my money together. My next buy might be CAH. Not sure when I'll buy but CAH is a great long term stock that is trading above its average dividend yield.


you know the disclaimer. don't follow my advice

6 comments:

  1. Nice pick up. I'm still considering ABT for a June buy along with WFC and GWW. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi DH. ABT was my number one pick for this month if the brexit thing didn't go through. I'm not fond of WFC because of the banking issues under frank dodds but GWW is a good pick. Good luck my friend

      Delete
  2. keep up the good work. I started following you almost a year ago. i lost you in my bookmarks but i am very happy you are still doing this in great detail. !! 5 *****

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey unknown. thanks for revisting me. I'll continue until I quit my job =)

      Delete
  3. I've been eyeing CAH, but didn't pull on my trigger since I don't have access to my PC notes.
    Good job on ABT

    D4s

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ditto D4s. CAH is on my watchlist but I think with the upcoming election CAH will suffer a lot more negativity than compared to companies that make baby formula. But that doesn't mean I won't pick up some CAH.

      Delete