This is my first ginger harvest. It was a plant I grew a while back and finally decided to uproot on Halloween. Spooky Ginger.
Besides that here are my stocks as of October 31, 2016. I am only making small loyal3 buys for now and the rest goes to my bank. Now for the good, bad, and ugly.
|Ticker||# of shares||1Q Divid||annual Contribution|
- I got a "promotion." Instead of 35 hours a pay period for OT I now work 60! I hate working OT but the money is too good (especially for the upcoming recession)
- The seller took $5000 off the land and $5000 off the home because I paid in cash! I don't have a mortgage anymore! Hooray!
- I put 3,500 into the market and the other 6,500 went to the bank.
- My mom's surgery had complications and required multiple trips to the hospital and ER.
- That 6,500 is gone now.
- to be honest I kinda expected this but I'm surprised of how cheap it was. I was expecting 45k or so but it only cost me $6,500. (that's why when I sold off my old portfolio and bought the house I had that 45k left in the bank)
- To Summarize: I planned for something and it happened but it wasn't that bad
- 10-20% drops after missing earnings. The market is going nuts
- The market is still going to bust. We've seen reits getting hammered as bond yields goes up.
- I am using this opportunity to remake my portfolio. There were several stocks I didn't like in my old portfolio like TROW, TIS, GILD, NRZ, etc. I bought those on a whim and didn't do my due diligence. As a more experienced investor I'm starting to get it (well some of it).
- Instead of being a full dividend investor I'm going full total return. My goal is to add some high cash flow stocks that will eventually pay dividends.
- Instead one or two brokers I want several. A bunch of them for different things
- Loyal 3 for my free trades.
- Scottrade for my common buys.
- Vanguard for my etfs.
- Here is what I want in my future portfolio.
KO, PEP, DPS, UL, PG, CHD, CL, KMB, K, GIS, KHC, MDLZ, HSY
MO, PM, DEO, RTN, BUD
YUM, YUMC, SBUX, CBRL, NKE, DIS, VFC, WMT, MCD
SO, WEC, WTR
JNJ, AMGN, CAH, MCK, ABT (ABT/CAH/MCK might be getting close)
EMR, not sure what else
HASI, VTR, OHI, O, STAG
Growth Stocks with dividend potentials
AMZN, GOOGL, FB
TIS, BGS, FLO, TEVA
VTI, not sure what else.
If you have any suggestion I'm all ears. I'm not investing in oil or commodity stocks anymore. I'm getting too old.