On January 5, 2018, I bought another 13 shares of Dominion Energy at $77.27 a share for a total of $1004.54.
I can really time them can't I?
December Cash Flow
- Market Rallied. Utility and Reits started their descent. Dominion bought a utility and crashed.
- Things I learned in December
- Life is too goddamn short. Everything you touch eventually die and there's nothing you can do about it. My sister's father-in-law passed out at work. Found out he had terminal cancer and died the same month. I didn't know the man personally but that's no way for anyone to go.
- The stock market is ran by crazy people and invested by greedy people using the advice of shady fortunetellers.
- SeekingAlpha bears are horrible.
- Amazon Buys Whole Foods GIS crashes from $58 to $50.
- Bears: Proof that Amazon is going to destroy the food sector.
- GIS reports good earnings and not going out of business. Stock goes from $50 to $55.
- Bears: Proof the market is overpriced and you should sell GIS.
- I then spent $4,200 for a trip to Hawaii next summer. That was the one destination she wanted to go to.
- Financial Goals -
- I'm making the most money I have ever made in my life. With the booming economy and a govt cracking down on illegal immigration USCIS, ICE, and CBP are getting slammed with millions of applications. As an employee for a govt contractor I'm getting so much overtime it's insane. In one pay period I'm working over 60 hours of overtime and we're still six months behind! As such I'm going to continue putting new cash into the market and expanding my portfolio. No idea when this overtime boom will end, but I'm going to ride it as long as I can. While my coworkers are collecting debt with their newly founded wealth I'm going to build wealth. To put things into perspective. My base pay is $45,000. With all the accrued overtime I make over $100,000 a year.
- Build Portfolio to $400,000.
- Get $8,000 forward dividends.
- Max out 401k. (Note: in 2018 401k has been increased to $18,500)
- Max out Walmart stock option.
- Save money for a trip in 2019. One of my personal goal is to visit Japan and see all the old temples. Total cost of trip+hotel+food+transportation would be $5,000 for a 14-day trip. I'm still stuck whether I should go to Osaka, Kyoto, or Tokyo.
- Learn a new language or start learning a new language. Why the hell not. I drive an hour to work every day let's listen to some audio tapes.
- Get healthier. I'm at 195 lbs. I was 180 prior to working at Walmart but with all the walking I got heavier not lighter.